Friday, April 3, 2015

So exciting it is Maddoning

The Chicago Cubs are on the AIR!!!

I personally cannot wait for those beautiful words to be said by Pat Hughes on Sunday night. It feels like it has been an eternity since I last saw my boys in Blue pinstripe play meaningful baseball.

And I meant 100% of the last sentence. MEANINGFUL. With varying levels of optimism among us Cub fans, it has been widely agreed upon that the Cubs will be fun and competitive. A new manager. Development of more promising youngsters. A pretty elite pitching staff. A new video board for all in the park to enjoy replays. It is truly wonderful to be a Cubs fan.

So buckle the seat belts. Wash (or don't wash) those lucky underpants. It is time for us to begin this insane journey us die-hards do every year. When April comes along, everyone is a playoff team. When October comes along, we might be one too.

I am Maddon-ly in love with the Cubs. Let's Go.


CC

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would an Ohtani trade to the Cubs look like?

  The trade deadline is coming and it is one of my favorite times of year, regardless of the Cubs standing. Every year, a big name or two li...