Monday, February 3, 2014

Line em Up!

Spring training is almost upon us. Pitchers and catchers will be reporting in a few days, whole squads together by the 18th. On the hangover of the largest sports spectacle of the year, it is time for us to look to what matters: Baseball Season.

That being said, I wanted to weigh my two cents worth on my projected Cubs lineup. This is how I would stack them up:

1. Castro SS
2. Barney 2B
3. Rizzo 1B
4. Lake LF
5. Schierholz RF
6. Olt 3B
7. Sweeney/Ruggiano CF
8. Castillo C

Now my hope by posting this is to spur a healthy debate on my take. Castro has been working this offseason on strength and getting into better shape. He has the best BA. in the lead off spot. Additionally, Rebteria has already mentioned he would like to put Starlin there.

The rest of the lineup is not much of a surprise except for Olt. I have high hopes for a rebound performance from this kid. As mentioned in many articles, he has sorted out his Wiley troubles and says he feels good. Olt was an "untouchable" when we dealt Dempster, so I hope to see some of this "untouchable" talent this spring.

Here are the questions I am looking to answer in the coming weeks with spring training:

1. Is Olt the answer at 3B?
2. Will Lake solidify this lineup with power to protect Rizzo I'm the 3?

Let me know your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would an Ohtani trade to the Cubs look like?

  The trade deadline is coming and it is one of my favorite times of year, regardless of the Cubs standing. Every year, a big name or two li...