Thursday, May 18, 2023

Houston We Have A Problem


I have been a fan for as long as I can talk. Believe me, I have references. I have one podcast interview in which my Cub heart was on my sleeve. 

Something about last night's loss broke me. 

I think there are countless things that could have contributed to this issue: 

  • A bullpen that hasn't been stellar. 

  • Extremely odd losses after appearances by players giving up contact that 87% of the time would not be hits. 

  • Oblique issues that have lead to our 3-4 hitter having Spring Training IN the season. (However, check out these poor baseball's in which he forgot they had families.)

            Number 1:

            Number 2:
  • Offense that has disappeared (Matchups have been tough)

  • Eric Hosmer and Madrigal occupying roster space

There needs to be changes as soon as possible. It is time to give Estrada, Burdi, and others looks in the Pen. Keegan Thompson needs time at Triple A to find his form. DFA Hosmer and get a bat that can play more often (Velazquez, Slaughter, Rios, etc.) I wouldn't ultimately feel so frustrated if I didn't spend so much of my energy buying into the vision of what they are trying to do. I have complained very little on spending. I have given Jed time to create his roster. I am realistic to what the shortcomings are. However, there is a Theo sized voice in the back of my mind that gets louder everyday saying the following: "Every season is sacred."

The Cubs have been abysmal in May, but no one in the NL central has run away. There is so much time. We are at the point where the need to stop wasting it. 

I hope my article on Sunday is much happier. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What would an Ohtani trade to the Cubs look like?

  The trade deadline is coming and it is one of my favorite times of year, regardless of the Cubs standing. Every year, a big name or two li...